Monday, July 18, 2011

Cucumber salad and Bratwurst

For lunch yesterday I made a cucumber salad. I had never done it before so I was making it up as I went. I peeled the cucumber into long shavings to be the base of the salad. I then peeled the carrots the same. Threw in some feta cheese, chopped almonds, and peppers. I made the dressing then drizzled it on. Some tips for making this salad. Don't make it too soon before your meal or the cucumber shavings will get kinda soggy. Mine were on the verge. Your veggies add wetness so you might want to dab out the water. Don't add too much dressing and wait to put the dressing on till you are ready to eat. To make the dressing add above ingredients to desired amount which is not very much. Then I made bratwurst for each of us. Yum. What a delicious lunch.

No comments: