Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crisis Averted...we hope.

We have a washer and dryer mix. Last week I started a load of laundry and well after it should have been done, it wasn't. Our clothes were still swimming in water. Not my fav. So we started it again to see if it just didn't finish, well the same thing happened. Still water. Panic set in for me, not only do I hate having to hang clothes and them becoming stiff and crispy, but I neeeed a washer. I ended up taking those clothes out, ringing them out and hanging them up. After hanging my poor clothes that were about to become crispy, I went in search for the problem. Because it is a washer and dryer combo we thought maybe lint was just clogging somewhere. I found a lot of lint and took it out, but it turned out to still not be the problem. Finallly, tonight Jachen got out the manual and he did the necessary steps instructed, in German. Good thing one of us knows German. We found a twig, a twig! in there that was most likely the problem. We started the machine, no weird sounds this time. So we hurried in a load of laundry after what we hope is a fix. Tomorrow I hope I will wake up to fresh clean AND dry pile of clothing not swimming, just sitting there waiting for me. I will inform you if I have such luck.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness. A twig?! I hope that was the problem!

joslin said...

hahaha oh boy this is funny. a twig seriously? what a joke! good work jachen!

kaitlin said...

good thing he's handy!!

desse!