Wednesday, June 8, 2011

An outing with Grossmutter

Today I went with Jachen's Grandma{Grossmutter}to the Minor Chocolate Factory{Fabrik}. She mentioned to Jachen last week that if I ever wanted to go she would take me. So yesterday, I decided I wanted to go. So since Grossmutter lives next door, she rang my doorbell at 1:30 and we were on our way. His Grossmutter knows english pretty well so the drive wasn't in silence...or in German incase you were wondering. I had been to that Fabrik with Jachen before, but I am always up for a Fabrik....and chocolate. Today however, there was actually people working down in the Fabrik where as when Jachen and I went it was near closing so all the chocolate workers were gone. The room where you look down to them smells of sweet chocolate. They should make room fragrances out of that smell. There is a chocolate store there that has less expensive chocolate so that is the real reason for going. We wandered around and plopped things into our baskets. The ladybugs, I ate at them at the family's I nannied for last year, it is such delicious chocolate and I had been craving some lately so that was for sure on my list. Then I thought, why not some mice too? Grossmutter paid for mine and hers chocolate and then we were on our way. Then on our drive home she invited me over for tea with her and Grossvater(grandfather). And that was my afternoon.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I did wonder if she spoke English.


I love the idea of you having tea with the grandparents :)

Natalie said...

um wondering about you speaking english? JK, just some funny sentence structure going on, hahaha, you know how I love to tease about that. I also love the tea with the grandparents, cute!