Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Momma, we ain't starvin'...yet.

I have a lot of pictures of the food we eat. I don't know why I take them, I guess because you don't get to come over and see what we eat. Oh, and because I have had questions as to what we eat. Every two weeks we go "big grocery shopping"...as I call it. I plan out our dinners for the following two weeks and some other breakfast and lunch items then on the "big grocery shopping" evening we take a trip down the mountain to shop. It is so easy having meals planned out because I know exactly what to shop for and I don't have to buy things we wont eat or wander around thinking of meals. I can't imagine doing it any other way. Of course we throw in a few extras, but mostly we stick to my list. We often have the same meals, we got our favs, but this past shopping I threw in some new meals...BLTA's, steak sandwich{jachen's idea} and french toast. We are fancy. Our newest FAVORITE thing to eat is homemade guacamole. OH.MY.WORD...either I make it REAL good or I have forgotten how good this stuff is. Come over and have dinner with us already!

Smoothies! Jachen modeling the smoothie real well. This night we had pizza, salad and an all fruit smoothie.

This is actually a lunch I had one day. YUMMY Vanilla Rhubarb{my FAV} yogurt with meat, cheese and crackers.

Jachen's Grossmutter(grandma) has made us bread the last few weeks. She lives next door, literally so she just rings the bell and hands us some homemade bread. YES, thanks.

This is a Swiss meal...Rosti, sausage and salad. Seriously delicious. YOU have NOT had sausage till you eat a Swiss sausage.

The ever amazing BLTA. Oh man it was huge and AMAZING.

Jachen and the BLTA goodness...nice spit strand on that last pic.
This was our dinner one night last week because we ate a big lunch at Jachen's Dad's house and we wanted something light. {i hate that it is only letting me center this caption}

The steak sandwich we tried out. We didn't eat anything else with it because we knew it would fill us and it sure did.


MORE smoothies. yum. 

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I thought maybe you didn't have a kitchen table, then I looked again and saw the first pic.

Natalie said...

monica, I am so proud of you. The Farrar cooking gene is in you! Did you cook the steak or did Jachen? And did you cook bacon? Wow. You guys eat better than us. Did I see radishes on that salad? Dad should send you some of his MANY radishes from the garden!! Oh, I seriously want to come over for dinner. Dang.