Saturday, November 5, 2011

Great start to November


A few months ago I saw a flyer for an art exhibit that would be in November. I hung onto that flyer and today was finally the start of the art exhibit/show. It was nice to see that artists in Switzerland are also very diverse and unique looking...you can tell which were the artists. One lady had curly curly hot pink hair and one lady had many braids in her hair and then a funny hat on. There was some great art in there and we enjoyed walking around looking at each piece.
After the exhibit we walked around town, saw some funny looking chickens and bunnies, saw beautiful Fall leaves, had my ring cleaned, went into a library...a very small library, picked up some crafts, I drooled over yarn and then we headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things{tomorrow we are eating Raclette for lunch, YUM, at Jachen's grandparents and they asked us to bring baby pickels and baby corn}.
Now, we are indoors enjoying some Saturday free time and soon will be eating pizza and fruit smoothies for dinner. Delicious.
Tomorrow like I said, we will eat at the Grosseltern{Grandparents} and then Jachen's grandma will teach us how to make a really yummy apple treat. I hope to take pictures.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That first picture is breathtaking, well, they all are. You really studied at BYUI huh? Man, I was a slacker... lol

Natalie said...

I'm glad you got to see some art. You should have asked the artists where a good place to buy supplies is. Make sure you do take pictures of the apple treat....I want to see swiss desserts, and take notes so you can make them yourself in the future.