Sunday, October 2, 2011

Update

The grocery store Migros, here in Switzerland, came out with this new drink. Pink Grapefruit. Oh me oh my. So delicious. Every time I buy one, it is already opened and going down my throat before we get to the car.
Photobucket

The Swiss love their Marching bands
Photobucket

I have NO idea what is going on here...but don't worry that was driving around. I almost didn't get my camera out in time before it passed us on the road.
Photobucket

This was our first trip grocery shopping in Germany. Our second trip looked a lot like that. We buy enough to last us a few weeks so we don't have to keep driving back and forth. Where we shop in Germany is about an hour away. We shop in Germany because there is a larger variety of food and better prices.
Photobucket

Look at that cabbage! Silly cabbage.
Photobucket

Jachen found this HUGE fan at the thrift store. I think we should have bought it and used it at church. It sure is hot in our church building.
Photobucket

I MADE STIR FRY. Yum. This is one of my favorite meals and one I have never attempted cooking. WHAT was I waiting for? It looked and tasted a lot better in real life than in these pictures. Even better was the leftovers for lunch the next day...I love cold stir fry.
Photobucket

I MADE SPAGHETTI PIE. Again, a meal I love, but never attempted before. It was quite the process, easy though. Jachen and I have been able to eat this for 3 dinners. Delicious every time. This is the meal I stuck in the oven while we went on our drive, that I mentioned, here.

Well that is my little update.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

That grapefruit drink sounds delicious! Those people in the back of a truck, were they maybe part of Oktoberfest? Also, you will have to tell me what is in Spaghetti pie..it looks similar to lasagna but with spaghetti noodles?? is that right? I have never seen that before!

Natalie said...

Good job on the spaghetti pie! It looks just like it should, even with swiss/german ingredients. How come the cheese looks white but melted yellow? I made it last night, although Clara wouldnt touch it and Leah wants it without meat next time. But I love it! Yeah for new recipes! Keep it up!