Sunday, September 25, 2011

Update

This is a Durum. They are all over Switzerland sold at Kebab places. The first time I had one in May I didn't like it, but every Kebab place is different and uses a different sauce. A few weeks ago I wanted to try a Durum again because it's the cheapest "fast food" here and I wanted to give it another shot. So we tried the place closest to our home and loved this one.
Yay! Sauerkraut on a hot dog! Well I should say "hot dog" because they are not quite the same as an American style hot dog. Speaking of hot dogs, in college on one of my french tests there was a question asking what "hot dog" was in French. I thought it must have been a trick question, but no...it really was "hot dog" in French.
Jachen bought himself a soldering iron to work on some hobby stuff. He has set up a table in the living room so he can work on it and still be near me.
I received a package from my parents this week and inside there was a Mariners ball cap for Jachen. He sure is excited about that.
This past Saturday Jachen and I went to the Bern Temple with members from our ward. After our morning session we went to the Mormon Home store and LOOK WHAT I FOUND! A&W Root Beer! I have been craving Root Beer and there it has been waiting for me. It was pretty expensive, but it was a must. Oh, and it was French week at the temple so there were many French speaking Temple workers and people going in and out of the Temple. I sure love that language. Oh and it was really really sunny when we took those pictures together, so that is why my eyes are closed. 

Then we visited the spot at the Temple where Jachen proposed to me back in October, almost a year ago. He is pointing to the spot we stood and you can see how he is praising that I said "yes" to him then.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I just commented and it didnt get posted....so now I have to repeat the long comment I just posted.....but I dont remember it all....so just going to say that I'm glad you got to the Temple, it looks beautiful there. And what is in the durum thing, oh ya, and what in the heck is the Mormon Home store? Do they sell Jello there too??!!

kaitlin said...

man oh man i'm ticked that you got a durum, i miss doeners sooo much. and haha i love the sunny eye's closed picture. i wish i got more life, you two pictures like that!!

glad you got to go to the temple! and what a cute picture of jachey with his new hat!

ableate!